GET THE BEST DISCOUNT ON PHONES, LAPTOPS, HOME AND OFFICE APPLIANCES AND MANY MORE

Monday 12 December 2016

THE MERGE OF TWO CULTURES







WHEN HISTORY NEEDS A REDEFINITION, IT ITAKES MEN AND WOMEN WITH GUTS, SELF WILL. PERSEVERANCE  AND A RESILIENT ATTITUDE...

All these were part of the play that led to the final showdown on the 10th of December 2016 at the Etat event center in Ikeja.

Some of you might have decoded already what I am talking about especially if you were part of the process.

But for those of you who might have no idea whatsoever, let me introduce you to NOMMZYDEE 2016.

This is a story of two strong willed individuals who faced a span of mental, physical, cultural, parental and social challenges to redefine their love for each other and a desire to build up a life together.

The details of their meeting I cannot fully say there but I happened to be part of the budding process through active listening.

Incase you are wondering who I am, take a pick from these pictures:






If you want a clue, its right in the seams of my clothing.

BUT I DIGRESS: lets go right back to the hero and heroine in question.

EMMANUEL NONSO and ADETOLA JOHNSON (now ADETOLA EMMANUEL), finally said I do after he humbled himself before his in-laws and showed them how he plans to be an exemplary son in-law.
you think I am kidding, here is proof:



   



































Because it takes a little humility to get to the top:




You should see the joy in the face of the groom's mother. watching her made me realize why movies depicts mother in-laws as the most joyful in these ceremonies. whether its the thought of being a grandmother or the thought of her first son becoming a man, she was beyond control in her show of joy and gaiety.

here once again is proof of my claims:




























It was at this moment, watching everything unravel, that I realized the significance of what was happening, I realized that everything changes from here, I was now a member of two families and more importantly, I was now part of two cultures.

It was even more significant for the groom and the bride. They were now at the forefront of a cross breed between two different cultures who in previous cases had always had wrong opinions of themselves.

But looking at the joy before me, I saw a possibility that was courtesy of two people whose perseverance and resilience lead to this:































































































SO IN SHORT WORDS, CONGRATULATIONS TO TWO AMAZING PERSONS WHO FINALLY FOUND THEMSELVES IN A WORLD FILLED WITH UNCERTAINTY AND PROCEED TO WISH THEM A SUCCESSFUL MARRIED LIFE.


DAP.....







No comments:

Post a Comment