GET THE BEST DISCOUNT ON PHONES, LAPTOPS, HOME AND OFFICE APPLIANCES AND MANY MORE

Sunday 10 January 2016

THE TENTH EXPERIENCE- EPISODE 2


They read:
WELCOME TO THE TENTH EXPERIENCE…
Typically, the intense Lagos holdup wouldn’t allow me enjoy my moment of reprieve, it started just when my apprehension reached the state of desperation so it came as a welcome relief when the driver who could sense exasperation from my insistent questions about where I could highlight if I were going to TBS (Tafawa Balewa Square) suggested a loophole
“Shei na experience you dey go?” he asked
I nodded
“Ehnn… no need to wait for motor na, see all this young people wen dey waka so, na dere they dey go”
I looked out from my seat at the front of the bus and truly I saw a bunch of well dressed guys and girls thronging in packs. Their excitement alone was prove to me that they were experience bound
Without a second thought, I jumped off from the vehicle, thanked the driver and joined the excited pack but from a relative distance. I noticed a couple of young teenagers follow my lead: If I thought I was excited, they proved me otherwise. Their raw optimism reminded me of younger days. One of the girls could barely keep her feet on the ground when she heard the blaring roar from the crowd inside as we approached the great square.
As expected, they outran me but I wasn’t worried, I wanted to calm my nerves before joining the throng, I wanted to view everything from a keen and objective perspective and I knew instinctively that human contact and communication would stand as a big distraction to that.
I was curious about everything since it was my first time at the famed TBS; I wanted to take every ounce of information within the range of my six senses.
The first thing I noticed was the endless line of vendors splattered over the surrounding like peanut butter on bread. You could get virtually anything you wish to from the apparently improvised mini market. From food to VCDs to clothes to gift items to books and so on.
Finally after standing in line for a few minutes, I got face to face with the main gate of the TBS.
FRANKLY I EXPECTED MORE
Granted it had a regal appearance and the ruggedly appearance augmented its medieval appeal but deep inside my subconscious I felt there was a certain creative spark lacking in the squared bricks and dull grey painting.
It had its appeal though and they were made very obvious. The first remarkable thing you notice at the entrance are the giant carved figures garbed in eerie clothing wielding what seemed like a lamp of some sort, somehow they reminded me of the statue in front of the law faculty back in school days. Then just a few inches away from the strange looking statues, were stealthy and muscular looking horses that looked like they could give their compatriots in the coat of arm a run for their money. Then finally at the topmost echelon of the carved society stood proud eagles with wings stretching high out and beaks kissing the skies, they had a sort of holistic finality and they gave the impression of completeness to all the remarkable yet confusing series of statues.

No comments:

Post a Comment