GET THE BEST DISCOUNT ON PHONES, LAPTOPS, HOME AND OFFICE APPLIANCES AND MANY MORE

Friday 22 January 2016

THE TENTH EXPERIENCE- EPISODE 5


In spite of all the thrilling spirituality in the atmosphere, I had a brief moment of lapse that I am not proud of.
As the frenzy of the concert began to wane with time especially during the session where a dignitary from the state Government gave a long and boring speech, people began to feel drowsy and the noise gradually thinned into just occasional boos from inebriated guys who obviously had no love for the state government.
My feet began to feel too heavy for me and I quickly located a spot where I could stretch my legs while relaxing my aching back.
Incidentally, it turned out to be a stack of wood and metal converted into a make shift chair by the marketers of IYKE THE DON
To compound the weirdness of the situation, I had to share a small space with the pretty girl who had the intense gaze. At first I could tell she wasn’t too thrilled with the idea of sharing her small space with a total stranger especially since it was a well known fact that a lot of stealing goes on during large programs like EXPERIENCE, but after a while of judging that I was of no threat to her and her purse, she warmed to me and in a short while we became quite interested in ourselves and a lot of things including the important one faded into the back drop.
“Are you into music?” she asked after Jessica Reedy’s performance
She must have heard me singing in tenor part
I hesitated for moiety second not knowing how best to phrase my reply
“Huhh… yeah, kinda… in a manner of speaking”
She must have thought I was trying to be hilarious because she smiled mischievously and said
“So which of the answers should I pick?”
“Ma bi mi ni jamb question” I replied
That did the trick. She laughed out loud exposing a perfect set of teeth and really cute dimples. By this time I had completely forgotten about whoever was on stage or whoever was coming next, my priority nested fully in the magic of the moment.
I WOULD LATER BE ASHAMED OF MY BLATANT SUPERFICIALITY BUT FOR THE MOMENT, ALL I WANTED WAS TO SEE HER SMILE AGAIN.
And she did smile again and again and again

No comments:

Post a Comment